Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9

Forty Days of Prayer for Our Country- Day 9

Scripture:
Do not leave Jerusalem but waith for the gift my Father promised...But you will receive power whern the Holy Spirit comes on you...  Acts 1:4, 8
Thought for the day: 
"Since the days of Pentecost, has the whole church ever put aside every other work and waited upon him for ten days, that the Spirit's power might be manifested?  We give too much attention to method and machinery and resources, and too little to the source of power."  J. Hudson Taylor
Prayer:  By Max Lucado

Dear Heavenly Father,
You have given us this promise: ”...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
So, we pray to you. We turn from evil and look to you, our God. Please:
Unite us
Strengthen us
Appoint and anoint our next president
In the name of Christ we pray,
Amen
Prayer Points for Today:
- Thank God that have others joining you in prayer all across our country.
- Ask God to show you how you can pray with others this week.
- Seek God's face in asking him to bring more Christians into the effort of praying for our country.


Memory Verse for the Week:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Challenge for the Week
At least one time this week find a way to pray with other Christians for our nation - at home, at work, at school but especially with others at church.  Take the initiative.  Find a way and a place and a time.

No comments: