Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11

Forty Days of Prayer for Our Country- Day 11

Scripture:
Hear my voice when I call, O Lord;
    be merciful to me and answer me.
 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!
    Your face, Lord, I will seek.
 Do not hide your face from me,
    do not turn your servant away in anger;
    you have been my helper.  Psalm 27:8

Thought for the day: 
Do you fear that our country has gone too far, that we face God's judgment and his anger?  Do you wonder if your prayers can do anything in this kind of situation?  Can you listen deep in your heart and hear that still small voice say, "Seek my face."  In the middle of all or our sin and turning from him, to those who will listen, he still says, "Seek my face."  How will you do that today?
Prayer:  By Max Lucado
Dear Heavenly Father,
You have given us this promise: ”...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
So, we pray to you. We turn from evil and look to you, our God. Please:
Unite us
Strengthen us
Appoint and anoint our next president
In the name of Christ we pray,
Amen
Prayer Points for Today:

- Pray for Saturday's Viet Nam Veteran's Parade and gathering, that it would be a time of honoring those whose sacrifice has been neglected and helping those who feel deep wounds.

- Keep asking God to show you how you can pray with others this week. Read the suggestions in the weekly challenge below.

- Seek God's face - ask Him to show you where he is working around you and what does that say about who he is.

- Pray that the Vice-Presidential Debate would be a time where both men have a chance to reveal who they are and that voters would have discernment that goes beyond the media's hype of the event.

Memory Verse for the Week:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Challenge for the Week
At least one time this week find a way to pray with other Christians for our nation - Why not take one of your meal time prayers with family or ask to pray with co-workers that you may share lunch with and voice a prayer for our country as you thank God for his provision and his mercy.

No comments: