Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29

Forty Days of Prayer for Our Country- Day 29
This week we will begin to pray through the ballot that we will see here in Victoria so the forrmat of these posts will change slightly.  The presidential candidates will be there each day.  Other races will be presented one day at a time.  You will see all the names as they are listed on the actual ballot without mention of party affiliation


Scripture:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:11-13

Praying through the ballot:

President/Vice-President
Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan
Barack Obama/Joe Biden
Gary Johnson/Jim Gray
Jill Stein/Chen Honkala

United States Senator
Ted Cruz
Paul Sadler
John Jay Myers
David B. Collins
 

Prayer: 
God who makes your plans stand firm among the nations, help us to seek you with all of our heart.  Let our hearts not seek another way other than your way.  Help us to keep seeking you with all of our heart and may we come to know your good plans that give us hope.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Memory Verse for the Week:
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13

Challenge for This Week:
Prayerfully consider setting aside a time to fast and pray between now and the election.  It can be a day or it can be just a meal but let me encourage you to take that time or an extra time to pray in the next few days.

No comments: