Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday Musings 04.30.18


This Sunday, we wrapped up our Study of Nehemiah. It was interesting to journey with Nehemiah from his initial call all the way through to the completion of his task. Along the way, we saw Nehemiah deal with all sorts of difficulties and challenges. We also saw Nehemiah return again and again to prayer. The result of his close relationship with the Lord is that he was able to lead with incredible insight and wisdom. There are several questions that kept probing my heart as we walked through this book:

Am I committed to prayer the way that Nehemiah was? Do I believe that the greatest wisdom will come from being on my knees, not from a book or from some individual? Do I have faith that God will lead me through my appointed tasks as He did Nehemiah?

Would I be able to press forward in spite of a number of challenges? Would I be able to overcome struggle after struggle the way Nehemiah did? Would I be able to operate with dignity and wisdom the way Nehemiah did, even in the face of some very dangerous threats?

What is my “wall”? What is it that God is calling me to do? Have I made myself available the way Nehemiah did? Am I in place that God could do in me and through me what He did in the life of Nehemiah? And, if I knew what my “wall” was to be, would have I have the resilience that Nehemiah displayed?

I hope that you have taken the lessons learned in the book of Nehemiah to heart. I hope that you have asked the questions of application. Through prayer and consideration, the Holy Spirit will reveal to us how we are to apply the truths that we have learned. It will be exciting in the days ahead to see how God moves and works in our lives.

Honored to be your pastor,
Darrell

No comments: