Thursday, March 1, 2012

Praying for Healing

Many of you know I struggle with a foot problem.  Surgery did not correct it, prayer and a number of other things are helping it.  This week a new pain in the knee above my bad foot developed.  I did some reading and it turns out the kind of pain I was experiencing in my knee can come as a consequence of my foot problem.  Bummer.  I had been experiencing some gradual improvement in my foot, now my knee was hurting bad enough I did not feel I could exercise on my elliptical machine.

Yesterday, with out any mention of this new knee problem, three people at church asked me about my foot.  When asked, I just said I wasn't having a good week.  This morning the knee pain was gone.  Coincidence or answer to prayer?   People have been very faithful to pray for my feet.  I know that all the people who asked yesterday had previously prayed for me and I have no doubt they did after my answer.  It was also the reason they asked the question - they wanted to know how something they had prayed for was going.

I think it was Mother Teresa who said something like this, "The more I pray, the more 'coincidences' I see."  That is always a part of answered prayer - do we see it as an answer or do we see it as a coincidence.  I always have to use faith to believe in answered prayer and to see answered prayer.  Right now, I am a firm believer.

What was your last coincidence or answer and have you decided yet which it was?  This Sunday we will talk about that.

For the journey...
Tim

No comments: