Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Letter to Santa

In December of 2001, a letter to Santa was found on the Christmas tree in the Borchers Cottage of the South Texas Children’s Home in Pettus, Texas.  The house parents for that cottage were members of my former church and shared her letter with me.  The little girl’s name has been changed to protect her identity but her situation speaks for itself.  She was placed at South Texas Children’s Home by her struggling family.  I have maintained her wording and her spelling so you can hear her heart in her own words.

Dear Santa,

My name is “Sarah.”  And I live hare at the home with good houes mom and houes pop.  I love them a lot.  Becuse without them I whoud not have now God at all.  As you know Im not a good kid.  I have so meany sins that some kids don’t like me.  But I have found something good about me.  Something I didn’t know about will this something is love.  Now Im going to tell you why Im writing you.

Becuse I wont give up on my famely.  I keep on praying and praying but I  feel god is not lisoning to me it make me sad that my Dad & Mom don’t whant to try to talke to one enother.  So if this goes on are famely will brakup and I don’t whant that to happen.  My Dad siad that when my mom has a baby he was getting divorse.

So I ask you for a gift to bring me my family.  Let it all be love inside my family.  Let it all be peac.  And I whant you to know I love them with all my hart.

Well see you soon

Love,

“Sarah”

I cannot tell you how her story turned out.  I can tell you that because we at Northside cooperate and give along with other Texas Baptist Churches,to support works like the South Texas Children's Home, Sarah found love that Christmas.  May we always find ways to help the Sarah's of this world.

For the journey...

No comments: