Monday, April 25, 2016

The Story

It has been a long time since I have had the chance to be involved in a musical production at church. Most of the time I am helping with kids or involved in children’s ministry. Being involved in “The Story” has brought back many memories from all of the church musicals I participated in. I also remember the time I went to Florida and played a main character in a musical that  was filmed and recorded to be sold in christian bookstores. Great memories. I think the greatest memory for me at in the story was seeing many kids come down to the altar on the last night. Several of the staff had not seen that many kids come to the altar at one of Northside’s musicals. This shows me that God is looking to do something big with our kids. 

Two big opportunities for us to see God work is through our Kid’s Church  and Extreme Kid’s Live. I need volunteers to commit to these areas.  Extreme Kid’s Live will be starting Wednesdays nights on May 11.  May 11 on Wednesday night. I am looking for some people who can be there on a regular basis to love and build relationship with kids. I understand that people will be taking vacations.  We will work around that. This summer  program requires no prep time on your part. I’m need people to come and love on kids.

Kid’s Church is another area that I will be leading beginning May 15th and I need a crew of people that can serve on the rotation list. It would also be nice if I can find a couple of people to help on a regular basis. God has given me a vision to take Kid’s Church to the next level. For that to happen, I am going to need people to  help in this area. Can you give some of you time to help with our kids? Contact me if you would like to volunteer.


Dave Benefield

No comments: