Friday, March 18, 2016

Children's Ministry - Building the House

This summer our theme for Over the Edge Pre-teen Camp is LEGOs. Hopefully, you remember the time you had a LEGO set or children played with them. I remember having fun with legos as a kid, but they were not as cool as they are today. In this day and time you can make anything. People have made the Star Wars Death Star, life-size car, an air craft carrier, and even a LEGO version of Stephen Hawking (Don’t ask me why.) The main scripture for the week is Hebrews 3:4- “Every house is built by someone. But God is the builder of everything.”

When I first saw that verse, I thought how appropriate for me starting at Northside. Even though the last children’s minister and volunteers had developed a good structure, there are many opportunities to add and build to it. My desire is that God will to be in charge of building this children’s ministry. To do this, I will need volunteers to step up and help build a dynamic children’s ministry that will reach all of Victoria.

There are two things that we will be adding to and building on. The first is Kid’s Worship on Sunday mornings. Please pray about helping in that area, whether it is once a month or every Sunday. We will be starting a new curriculum, and will be making some changes. For this to happen, I will need you to be a part of the help.

Starting May 11, we will be starting Extreme Kid’s Live. This will be a fun program that will be an outreach to unchurched kids. This is a very easy program to serve in, and there is no lesson preparation involved. If you are interested in serving this summer, contact me at davebenefield@victoria.org.


Dave

No comments: