Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Things I Have Learned from Your Gratitude

Sunday I asked people to put down a praise on the tear off tab of our worship guide.  We send in prayer requests all the time that way, why not send in a praise or a note of thanks.  All of them were good, here are some that struck home with me.

Thanks for the Northside Worship Center.

Sometimes we see things so often we take them for granted.  There is a lot of work that went into this and a lot of work to keep it going.  When things work right, no one notices.  I learned from someone who noticed.

I'm thankful God continues to heal my heart. (They mention the suicide four years ago of a family member). I felt like I was totally broken.  I slipped into a great depression that no doctor or medicine could fix.  I began crying out to God and he began healing my broken heart.  I am so thankful he continues to strengthen me.

Wow, what a testimony that God is able to put shattered lives back together.  I need to always be learning that in more and more in different situations.

Thank you , Lord for the ministry which you led after a tragedy in my life.  For the opportunity to share Christ in stories for children. poetry and games.

I am learning that we find life, and sometimes our healing, as we give our lives away.

Thank you for my brother's sobriety.

I see so many deal with people on the other side of this answered prayer.  It is good to see and learn that God still moves to make people whole from addictions.  I am learning to keep on hoping.

I am also learning that I need to always continue learning how to be grateful.  Thank you for being a church of good teachers of thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving...

Tim

No comments: