Friday, November 18, 2011

A Thank You Note to God

I do not know how many thank you notes I have written.  I do know I have not written enough to say how blessed I am.  So today I want to change that to some degree.  Here's my thank you note to God, just for 2011 so far...

Dear God,

Thank you as always for your gift of salvation that I need everyday.  I don't tell you enough that it is still working and I can see the difference you continue to make in my life by your grace that flows every day.  Your faithfulness and steadfastness are amazing.  Even when I don't even notice what you are doing, you continue to do it.  Thank you.

You have also blessed me so in my family.  Thanks for the check up my wife had today that says 'Everything is OK.'  We don't give you the credit you deserve for those results.  My wife is such a blessing to me and to this church, thank you for giving me someone so loving and wise who is a person of prayer and loves you deeply.  She helps me so much, I don't let you know enough that I appreciate your work through her life.

My girls have been such a blessing this year too.  Kelley serving you this summer helping other students go on mission trips overseas - it is a real blessing to see her grow in you.  My goodness, there are so many things you have done in Meredith's life this year, high school graduation, a mission trip to Paris, a call from you to go back to Paris this coming summer to work with refugees, her going off to college, you have been working overtime there and I really appreciate it.  Thank you too for that family vacation we go to take this summer, that was a special blessing to be together as a family.

Now God, this empty nest thing is still something I am getting used too.  I miss the girls but you have also brought many others into my life that deepen my life and walk with you.  Thanks for helping me get the hang of it.

Lord, you know I still have some foot problems but it has improved this year; thank you.  I can see your hand at work there and also in teaching me in this to be humble and dependent upon you.  Thanks for those lessons in the problems.  I could go on and on and to be honest I should but there is just so much I can get out in words now because the words just fail.  God, you are good to me and I thank you, but I also deeply appreciate who you are and not just what you do.  Thank you for a great year so far, they just keep getting better.

Your servant,

Tim


Well, that's my shot at a thank you note.  This Sunday, that will be the challenge I give you for this coming week - write your own thank you note to God.  You don't have to blog it but I would highly recommend putting it down in words.  Can you give me a good reason why you shouldn't write your thank you note right now?

For the journey...

Tim

No comments: