Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Anniversary We Cannot Forget

I had just gotten into my car after a morning workout at the local park, the radio had a report that a plane had hit one of the towers of the World Trade Center.  Details were sparse but it was thought to be a small plane.  What a tragic accident I thought.  I had to get home and get a shower before I went  to a Ladies' Prayer meeting at which I had been invited to give a devotional.  By the time I got out of the shower and turned on the TV I saw the second plane hit. I won't forget that feeling.  It was unlike any I ever felt before.  I went on to the prayer meeting and of course our agenda for that day had changed.  The world as we knew it changed.  I remembered trying hard not to cry as I led this small group in prayer.  I could not help it.  I was glad there was a prayer meeting set up.  There was comfort at least in that.

No doubt many of you clearly remember that day nearly 10 years ago.  We will gather this Sunday on the anniversary and I will preach what I preached 10 years before.  God's word never becomes obsolete, neither does His comfort nor His conviction.  We will do more than remember, we will seek "A Way to Pray Forward."   What kind of people should we become if we really follow Jesus' words in Matthew 5:43-48.  It was a challenge for me to preach that then, it is just as much a challenge to preach it now.  Pray for an open heart and join me Sunday.

For the journey...

Tim

No comments: