Friday, September 3, 2010

5 Ways I Wish I Was Like My Beagle

Walking my dogs the past few mornings, I have begun to admire my beagle, "Bailey."  There is much that irritates me about her as a year old, overly excitable puppy/dog but there are things I am learning to appreciate, even wish I could be more like.

I wish...

...I could be as happy as she is to greet people who wake me up from a nap.  Of course sleeping about 12 hours a day like she does would help me be happy to see anyone.

... I could enjoy my sense of smell like she does.  God made her to smell things out and she sniffs up things to the glory of God.  To me, most of it I can't smell or it just smells to high heaven.  To her, everything is an odoriferous adventure.  I don't want to like what she likes, I just wish I could like more of what I encounter.

... I could get as excited about exercise as she does.  The word "walk" will wake her from a dead sleep with perked ears and wide open eyes.  I wish I had a word that would do that for me. It would be my new alarm clock.

... I could see everyone I encounter as a new friend.  She never meets a stranger.  Of course, it I jumped up on people, wagged my tail and licked people's toes like she does, I would not have many friends.

... I could enjoy life as much as she does.  Dogs never seem to worry about their mortgage or seem to be troubled by the economy.  She seems to be happy with how God made her and where she is in life.  Yes, she enjoys chewing up things too much but overall she enjoys being who she is and what she does. 

Do you really enjoy what you do?  Is there purpose in your work life?  How do you make a difference in what you have to do?  We will look at those questions Sunday and see how God helped Moses to be a difference maker at his job.  I hope you will join me.

No comments: