Friday, May 13, 2011

A Healing Place

This week I heard a doctor make the statements, "chronic life-long problem," and "trying to avoid a total breakdown."  He was referring  to a painful foot problem that I have dealt with for almost a decade.  A typically successful surgery I had in 2008 has turned out not to be.  That surgery cannot be repeated or corrected.  I have tried a host of other options.  I am trying another type of custom orthotic in my shoes that this doctor had made for me.  In receiving them, I heard those statements.

Before I had any of this information, I had felt led to preach this week on the power of Jesus' touch.  In Matthew chapter 9 there are a series of people he healed.  He was touched by a woman and a chronic life-long problem ended.  He took a girl's hand and she returned to life.  He touched the eyes of blind men and they could see.

Sometimes you preach to others; sometimes you preach to yourself.  This week will be the latter. I am profoundly interested in what God will say.  I know I am not alone.  Perhaps you are reading this and you have a much more serious life threatening or life altering problem.  I pray that Northside can be a healing place for all of us.  It is what we will focus on this Sunday.  Pray for me and I will pray for you.  I look forward to seeing you Sunday.

For the journey...

Tim

No comments: